Friday, May 11, 2007

Scary stuff

Is this guy for real? I have to admit that I find this kind of thing very appealing. I also have to admit that I find it very scary. I think balance is needed in this area as it is in all areas of life.

I think many conservatives are way off base when it comes to environmental issues. The idea that God made us stewards of the earth, and therefore we are free to rape it for our own profit, is strangely reminiscent of the attitudes of slave owners who felt their right to own slaves was given them by God.

On the other hand, the devaluing of human life by these radical environmentalists is equally misguided. There is a huge difference between human beings and the other forms of life on this planet. As the clearly superior race we have the capacity to value and protect our own race and also to value and protect the entirety of the earth. Conservatives and Christians should be leading the environmental charge while remembering the special position of human beings as children of God.

No comments: