Friday, January 30, 2009

Human or Dancer?

It would seem from what I'm posting here lately that I've been immersing myself in pop-culture. Actually nothing could be further from the truth. I've really been avoiding radio, TV and the internet quite fastidiously. Still, for some reason, I keep coming across these little gems that just hit a nerve. This song is a really good example of that. Unfortunately I can't embed this particular video so you'll have to click the link.

Human - The Killers

Personally, I think the answer is quite clear. We're human of course, but if that's all we are then we are truly to be pitied (of course, if all we are is human then who would do the pitying?). But "when we dance", as Sting so eloquently puts it, "angels will run and hide their wings". When we dance (or sing or write or love unselfishly) we tap into something glorious, something transcendent, something that proves we can't possibly be simply human.

No comments: