Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm still here

On the off chance that anyone actually swings by this blog from time to time I want to assure you that I am still around. I have just been going through some things that are really deep, difficult, profound and amazing.

I have wanted, many times, to write some things up but I just don't feel like I am ready to do so yet. I'm afraid that if I write something up here I will, in some way, cheapen or denigrate what is taking place within me.

The rubber has met the road, so to speak. The God I serve has promised that he who has begun a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (see Philippians 1:6).

There was a time of refreshing. A mountain top experience of joy as I discovered what my Father God really thought of me and the healing and restoration he had planned for me. There was much healing and restoration - much joy and peace. After this, inevitably I think, come times of testing and fire. Times when the great "I AM" must become a consuming fire and begin to burn out the impurities that remain. A time when HE says: "You have rejoiced when I took you into the beauty and peace of my restoration, now will you remain in me when I send you back into the battle? Will you count it all joy when I let the enemy, the world, and the flesh have a go at you?"

I DO count it all joy. I DO say with confidence that I will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.

A Psalm came to mind as I was writing this. I want to share it with you. This is Psalm 46:

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.

God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.

Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Come and see what the LORD has done,
the desolation's he has brought on the earth.

He makes wars cease
to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields with fire.

"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

This is the word of our Lord: Jehovah Sabaoth - our Lord of Hosts, Adonai - our Sovereign. Thanks be to God.

No comments: